Tips for Prom Hairstyles
- Go with hairstyles that fit your individual personality rather it be classic, hip hop, or upstyles
- Particular hairstyles will be more suitable to certain facial shapes
- Try your hairstyles a few months before the prom so you can pick your favorite.
- Check hair care accessories like shine sprays, glitter, or jewelry
- Manage hair by using effective hair care products and getting regular hair trims to keep split ends in check months before the big night
- Bring pictures of your dress as well as “inspiration” pictures of several hairstyles that you like to your appointment.
- Don’t drastically change your hair before prom! You can always cut it or color it the day after!
Steps for the Perfect Prom Hairstyle
So you want your dream prom. There are many factors involved to having the perfect prom hairstyles, and many of these factors occur many months before the prom. Here is a checklist of steps to help prom goers prepare their hairstyles for this special occasion. Missing steps does not mean disaster in any way. This guide is intended as just a helpful list compiled from professional resources as well as tips from our staff.
The first step is selecting a prom hairstyle that fits your look. Usually you chose a hairstyle to match your and apparel but sometimes, when you already have a perfect hairstyle chosen, you chose your dress to match your hairstyle. If your dress is simple your hair can be more elaborate. If your dress is very elaborate consider a more simple hairstyle to avoid looking too “fussy”!
Planning is the most important step you can take.
- Select a few prom hairstyles that you think will look great.
- Spend a couple of weekends dressing up with each hairstyle to see which one looks best and how it feels on you.
- Select an alternate prom hairstyle (just in case).
The next step for great prom hairstyles is MAINTENANCE
- Keep your hair healthy with regular visits to your stylist for trims, coloring and professional conditioning treatments.
- Eat a healthy diet and keep well hydrated for beautiful locks.
- Use professional products that are designed for YOUR hair needs. Ask your stylist to recommend a home hair care regime designed just for you!
Final Prep for Prom Hair
As it gets closer and closer to prom day, it is important to make sure we are ready. These steps will help make sure that you are prepared for any situation that may arise and help prevent prom day hairstyle disasters.
- If you are going to a salon, schedule your appointment several weeks ahead to get your ideal time. (Plan early)
- Remember to bring your pictures and accessories to your appointment.
- Wear a button up shirt when getting your hairstyle done so no shirt has to be taken off over your hairdo.
- Weeks before prom, make an emergency kit of hair items you need including accessories, pins, hairspray and rain bonnet!